As Actuary you will be responsible for: * Advising on schemes' funding risk and risk management strategies.
* Engaging with external parties on our schemes.
* Assisting with the application of the use of powers.
* Assisting with other ongoing policy developments.
* Contributing to the actuarial team's house views.
* Supporting actuarial modelling capabilities.
The idea candidate:
* Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or international equivalent).
* A current (or recent) holder of a Scheme Actuary certificate or with a sufficient amount of post qualification knowledge.
* Knowledge of working in a consulting environment, having acted as lead adviser to clients on actuarial issues and other wider issues affecting UK workplace pensions including investment, administration, governance and legal issues.
* Proven ability to provide high quality advice to trustees and/or employers on all aspects of occupational pension schemes.
* Communication and influencing skills at all levels of seniority.
* Excellent Excel skills and good knowledge of other standard office systems.