Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shape how new and existing business grows. You leverage your entrepreneurial drive to target, evangelize and educate new customers about Google's latest advertising products and technologies. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You understand the details of individual campaigns and explore the business needs of our key clients. Working with them, you help define the vision and strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As a Google Head of Industry, you'll be responsible for developing and executing the strategies designed to drive our overall business with our top clients within the retail and tech sector. You'll combine a high degree of consulting work with managing new and existing customer relationships. You'll be responsible for creating the team's strategy and leading a team of experts to increase business. You'll combine your knowledge, experience, and expertise in order to develop new business as well as to grow existing business. You will also represent Google at industry events and conferences and will cultivate a recognized external profile.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in advertising/marketing, brand management and/or advertising sales.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams, developing sales teams, reaching targets, and in relationship building and business development with C-level.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience setting and exceeding strategic targets.
- Knowledge of online advertising solutions and the online media landscape, combined with understanding of offline media dynamics and brand marketing concepts.
- Established network of contacts in the local market, specifically for the sector.
- Provide leadership and motivation to a growing team, including setting clear and prioritized goals to drive business.
- Drive client's success by leveraging the best of Google. Develop the vision and strategy that will fully unlock the potential in the Retail sector.
- Develop scalable and leading edge solutions for clients and agencies in order to optimize their advertising investment and maximize use of Google products.
- Analyze data trends and client performance, develop solid strategic plans, and prepare and conduct strategic presentations and sales presentations.
Build compelling, data-driven work plan leveraging internal and third-party data.
- Work with industry teams to develop annual/quarterly account plans and drive new business opportunities to maximize growth and devise partnership-building strategies.