ABOUT THE ROLE: - As National Account Manager you will have responsibility and accountability for managing and growing your customer base through developing and implementing account management strategies.
- You will create growth action plans for your customers that are designed to create a secure business relationship and deliver shared success.
- A comprehensive review of every opportunity will be required to achieve stretching objectives.
- You will be required to create bespoke proposals that match customer needs and demonstrate the commercial benefits of trading with the company.
- Regular business updates will be produced and delivered for your customers and internally which will continually monitor performance with your accounts and also across your account portfolio and recommending corrective actions where necessary.
- You will be involved in developing and delivering sales budgets and will also be expected to monitor and manage the progress against the agreed budgets.
- In this role you will also be expected to identify win new business through prospecting of potential customers through creating networking opportunities, developing sales tender presentations and delivering these using all the tools at your disposal.
- To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have at least 2 years? experience, preferably for part of that time in a similar role, of achieving stretching sales targets in a customer facing role.
- You will currently be managing significant customers in a highly demanding, structured and fast paced environment. You must be able to demonstrate that you can work effectively and efficiently, can deal with pressure and be able to multi-task in order to achieve results to the required standards.
- An appreciation of how the Contract Catering sector operates would also be a distinct advantage.
- You will be totally customer focused, possess excellent selling skills and be able to demonstrate a flawless understanding of the sales process.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong influencing skills and have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- This role also requires excellent numerical skills as well as planning and organisation skills.
- The role carries the need for a certain amount of administration and a good level of IT skills are a must (word / excel / PowerPoint).
You may have experience of the following: National Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Account Executive, Client Relationship Management, Relationship Management, Customer Service, New Business Development, Field Sales, Food Service, Food Retail, etc.