Our client are experts in facilities management and are currently searching for an exceptional Procurement Specialist (Senior Buyer) to their amazing and talented Procurement Team.
Their company is growing very quickly, and that's where you come in!
You will be exercizing sourcing activities covering a wide range of countries, achieving value for the organisation, its customers and the supply chain. They need someone who thrives in performing multi-country negotiations and achieving continued and consistent commercial value. The department will have a team of analysts providing the negotiators with analytic support in terms of spend analysis and external marketing intelligence, providing you with what you need to negotiate with a strong foundation of both data and insights.
The ideal candidate will be confident as an accomplished negotiator, strong influencer, focused and highly motivated, and they will be skilled at stakeholder management. They should utilise cross-functional teams of key stakeholders and internal experts and ensure operational and customer needs are satisfied in the result. Communication is essential within this role, to build strong and productive working relationships.
Main duties and responsibilties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out full strategic sourcing activities in order to gain commercial advantage.
- Assemble cross-functional teams and consult with internal stakeholders to agree sourcing options for any specific category of purchase.
- Identify and explore opportunities for globalisation in the purchase of goods and services.
- Evaluate market factors that influence the supply market that assist in the development of appropriate sourcing plans that improve commercial leverage.
- Create and develop a Category Management plan making use of market data to inform decision making, whilst mitigating any potential impact of the lack of internal buy-in.
- Work with the Legal Team to manage contractual risks, monitor and evaluate developments in legal aspects that affect sourcing decisions, provide advice on the intrepretation of contract terms and draft bespoke terms to apply outside of establish frameworks and contract forms.
- Complete regular reports based upon progress of activities.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal qualities:
- Accomplished and effective cost negotiation skills with an appetite for achieving constant commercial value for the organisation.
- Be target driven.
- Demonstrable communication and mediation skills with both suppliers and stakeholders.
- Show numerical proficiency.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams across different countries.
- Customer focused - both internal and external, working in partnership with stakeholders to use their expertise and understand the business and customer needs.
- Computer efficient with proficiency in using MS Excel and MS Powerpoint. Experience in using Power BI would be beneficial.
- Ability to take complex data and modify it into simplified and meaningful formats.
- Be open and flexible to change, seeing it as an opportunity.