Requisition ID: SUMMARY Administers large moderately complex (sub)contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each (sub)contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with (sub)contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
Reports directly to the (Sub)contracts or Site Manager.
Receives technical and functional guidance from the (Sub)contract Administration Manager.
May provide operational supervision to (Sub)contract Specialist(s) and/or other (Sub)contract Administrators.
Maintains internal contacts with managers and supervisors and participates in negotiations with customers.
EFFECTIVE JOB DUTIES
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Projects agreed assignment of various (sub)contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to (Sub)Contract Administration.
2. Administers assigned (sub)contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
3. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, (sub)contract performance, (sub)contract administration and other major matters.
4. Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
5. Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
6. Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of (sub)contract terms and conditions.
7. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
Minimum 10 years of experience in contract administration
Administers complex (sub)contracts. Extensive knowledge and experience in (sub)contract administration required. Represents Bechtel in (sub)contract negotiations.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for INCO_MLP Project in Santiago/Field, Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.